Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Fisk-A-Teer Survey!

This survey was posted by Kellystar on Fisk-a-teers, and I thought it would make a great jump-start to getting back into blogging... since it has been almost a YEAR since I posted... Yikes!!
I want to start blogging again, and posting more of my artwork on here. Scrapbook layouts, quilt projets, maybe even theatre photos!

Here goes with the survey:

1. Scrapper/cardmaker/both?
Both. More scrapbooking than cards, lately, but I do both.

2. How long have you been scrapping/cardmaking ? How did you get into it?
About 15 years! My mom started as something she could do while she was laid up after surgery when I was in High School, and got me and my sister into scrapping too.

3. Do you prefer to work alone, or get together with friends/go to crops/classes etc.?
I like to go to crops, but I like to work alone too. It kind of depends on my mood. Sometimes at crops I really get going in a groove & don't talk much, but I do like to be around other people so I can get 2nd & 3rd opinions on colors, placements, etc.

4. Favorite embellishments?
Buttons, brads, ribbons, flowers, stitching, sparkles (stickles, gems, bling, etc.)

5. Favorite paper brands?
Bazzill, Doodlebug, BoBunny, My Mind's Eye, Pink Paislee,

6. Favorite tool?
Crop-a-dile, Cricut, Fiskars scissors, Fiskars squeeze punches

7. Favorite kind of ink?
for stamping - Close To My Heart
for edging - Colorbox chalk ink Cat's Eyes

8. Whose your scrap idol?
Allison Davis!

9. Something you bought that you wish you hadn't or have never used?
Mostly stickers - a few papers & kits that I look at now & think "WHY did I buy that??"

10. Do you have your own scraproom or do you work in a shared area?
My scrap stuff is stored in a closet. I use the kitchen table at home, but really like to go to crops & weekend retreats where I have more room to spread out & don't have to get cleaned up before dinner!

11. Are you a chronological, reverse chronological, or random scrapper?
random. I try to work on what is most recent, but sometimes I find and idea I really like for something a few years old & work on that. I try to just work on whatever I feel inspired to do at the moment & not worry about being "caught up".

12. What is your scrapping style if you have one?
I like simple, clean designs.

13. Whats on your work area right now?
What work area??? I wish I had one!

14. Favorite adhesive?
Tombow adhesive runner & glue dots. I also really like the Scotch Quick-Dry Tacky Adhesive & my Xyron.

15. Technique you have never tried that you would like to?
Printing photos on fabric - I have a mini album that i am going to try this in sometime soon.

16. Are you on or have you ever been on a design team or been a guest designer?
Not really a design team, but I do participate in Scrapbook Generation's Designer's Challenge.

17. Have you ever had your work published?
no

18. Are you a consultant for a company such as Close to my heart, stampin up, creative memories, etc?
Longaberger - it is not scrapbooking related, but I do use lots of my Longaberger baskets & pottery to organize my scrapbooking supplies!!

19. Do you subscribe to any kit clubs, if so which ones?
Scrapbook Generation's Remember Me, Remember Them, and Boy Crazy kit clubs. LOVE them all!

20. Do you have a minimal stash of supplies or are you a shopper/collecter?
I have a stash... I am trying to use more of my stash these days, and only buy new stuff when I already have a specific use for it in mind.

21. Are you a sketch user, scraplifter, or do you come up with it all on your own?
Sketch user!!! I am a HUGE fan of Scrapbook Generation's "Sketches for Scrapbooking" - they are on version 5 now, and I have all 5 of them, plus the "Sketches for Cardmaking" one!

22. Do you participate in any online challenges, if so which ones?
not really, but I am going to start participating in Fiskateers challenges. I do participate in swaps, round robins, etc. on the Christian Paper Artists' Yahoo group.

23. Do you own any diecutting machines (manual or electric) and if so which ones?
I have a sizzix & a cuttlebug & I share a Cricut with my mom & sister.

24. If you have a manual diecutting machine what kind of dies do you use?
Sizzix, Sizzlits, & the cuttlebug dies.

25. Are you a Stickleser (is that even a word?Do you use Stickles?
Yes! I love stickles & bling :)

No comments: