Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Summer is over....

The big kiddo officially started school last Monday.  The little guy gets to meet his teacher tomorrow, and start school next Monday.  Summer is over!  What am I going to do with myself for the two hours of free time I will have 3 days a week while Hunt-man is at preschool?  I don't have enough time to drive back home & do some quilting or crafting before I have to go pick him up again.  We live too far away for that.  I have told myself I am going to try to get in some exercise.  He goes to preschool at church & there is a little work out room there with treadmills.  Currently, all 3 of the treadmills are out of order, so  we will see how that goes.  :)  What do I really look forward to doing??  READING.  

I love to read.  Since we have our house on the market, most of my scrapbooking & quilting stuff is in the attic in storage.   Seemed like the perfect excuse to take time to do some reading over the summer, and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  What did I read this summer???


Liz Curtis Higgs:
 Here Burns My Candle
Mine is the Night


Mixed Signals

Francine Rivers:
Her Mother's Hope
Her Daughter's Dream

Donita K. Paul:
DragonSpell
DragonQuest
DragonKnight (currently in the middle of this one)


And on my "Still to be read" list...

DragonFire
DragonLight
The Apothecary's Daughter
The Silent Governness

Any other recommendations out there?  What are you reading right now??





1 comment:

CxJvak said...

I guess more time online was not part of all your new free time!!