Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Leftovers

It is Monday.  The Monday after Thanksgiving.  Do you still have a fridge full of leftovers??  I do!  I did a little searching to figure out something to do with those leftovers.  Here are a few recipes I thought I would share.

Chicken Casserole
10 oz. pkg Stove Top Stuffing
4 cooked chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 Tblsp mayonnaise 
2 Tblsp sour cream
2 eggs
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350°.  Make stuffing according to directions.  Put 1/2 stuffing in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.  Shred or chop chicken into 1 inch pieces & place over stuffing layer.  Mix soup, mayo, & sour cream together & spread over chicken.  Spread remaining stuffing over the soup.  Beat the two eggs with the 1 cup milk & pour over all.  Bake 1 hour.

I substituted Thanksgiving leftovers for the fresh stuffing and 2 cups leftover turkey for the chicken.   I needed to made several other adaptations to this recipe to make it dairy-free for my family (almond milk, no sour cream, and a cream soup substitute recipe), but it turned out really good!

For those leftover mashed potatoes, try searching for these recipes:
Leftover Mashed Potato Soup
Potato Pancakes
Potato Bread

Do you have any other recipes you like that help use up those Thanksgiving leftovers?? 

No comments: