Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Week of Thanksgiving - part 4 & 5

Friday - I am so thankful for days off!  Especially the days my husband has off work.  Traditionally, we always decorate for Christmas the Friday after Thanksgiving, but we decided not to this year.  We just bummed around at home, and played with the boys.  We played a lot of Wii, which the boys loved!  No stress, no trying to make sure all the decorating was finished, no crazy Black Friday shopping, just time together as a family.  I think we might make this "Lazy Friday" a new tradition at our house!
Saturday - I am thankful for health.  My husband and boys are all very healthy, and I am SO thankful for that.  I am usually also very healthy, but lately have been having more issues than normal.  The days I feel really rotten remind me to be thankful on the good days.  (It also reminds me to be thankful for insurance and health savings accounts!)  I am thankful for what we have, because even when I am not feeling good, I know there are others out there who still feel worse than I do.  There is always someone out there who is worse off than you are.  Remember that.  It will help you keep things in perspective.

No comments: